.

Mendoza Argentina Mission
Serving January 2015 - July 2016


Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015 - Maipú


It has been a week of miracles!

I am feeling loads better, which is such a blessing.

So, Raquel, I don´t think I have told you about her, is so awesome.  She is a previous investigator, but had tons and tons of questions and doubts.  We had a lesson with her, in which she prayed, then we sat in silence for about 5 minutes, and we could all just feel our Heavenly Fathers love.  We are just working with her on obeying commandments and going to church.

Mariela, who is our other main investigator, has been super busy, so we are working on trying to see her.  We got to see her once this last week, but were only able to pray with her and invite her to church, but she didn´t come.

Asado last week was oh soooo yummy, and today we are going to the mountains!  I will make sure to take some pics. 
Elder Christenson, one of our ZLs, and Elder Vallecillo, DL and the
only missionary from Nicaragua here
This last week, Thursday, we had intercambios, exchanges, and I went over to Rivadavia with Hermana Workman, it is almost 2 hours away by bus.  It was so awesome!  Hermana Workman has been out for 9 months and gave me advice and was great to talk to.  I also tried my first pancho, and I love them!  Kind of like hot dogs but even better, and the place we went to makes them on homemade type bread.
 intercambios, exchanges, in Rivadavia with Hermana Workman
The sunset, it was so beautiful that we had to stop and take a picture

My first pancho! These are the best panchos too, homemade bread and toppings,
 they are kind of like hot dogs
 

We had zone meeting on Friday and I got to play piano for it!  And I played piano for church and for choir practice!!! Love, love, love!  Mom, I love the quote and talk about music from conference, I could relate to it more.
“We learn the dance steps with our minds, but we hear the music with our hearts. The dance steps of the gospel are the things we do; the music of the gospel is the joyful spiritual feeling that comes from the Holy Ghost. It brings a change of heart and is the source of all righteous desires. The dance steps require discipline, but the joy of the dance will be experienced only when we come to hear the music.” - Elder Wilford Andersen –
 

Saturday we had our first member present lesson, with Raquel, it was awesome!  The member was an older lady, as with Raquel, and they could relate so much more to each other.  We are working on continuing this having members there trend.

I am so excited!  The Cordoba Temple Dedication is coming up, and we will be able to watch it from here.  Temples are such a blessing.

As we turn to the Lord and rely on Him, He strengthens us so much.  I have felt this so much while being here, learning a language, new culture, and teaching about our Heavenly Father´s love.  He loves and knows each of us personally.
 so you can see a bit of what our pension looks like :)

huevos de pascua!  And my first day wearing my hair down for proselyting!

No comments:

Post a Comment